Why Are African Mail Order Brides So Popular Nowadays?
In terms of the number of foreign mail order brides, African women for marriage may not take the first spot. However, they also have the benefit of both being exotic and having a lot of familiar features. Here are a few of the reasons why you should consider African mail order brides for dating and marriage.
Their beauty is unmatched
Women in Africa have many distinctive and instantly recognizable features. They have a deep skin tone with a healthy glow, a luscious mane of hair, and some of the curviest female bodies you’ve ever seen. African mail order brides know how to emphasize their best traits with the help of makeup and clothes, but you will never witness them going overboard with it and they will always keep their natural look.
They value and appreciate men
Unlike many women in the West who now believe they are capable of achieving everything on their own and don’t need a man in their lives, African mail order brides understand the importance of having a good man by their side. Once an African bride meets someone who makes her feel happy, protected, and supported, she will make sure to never drive that lucky man away by being cold, rude, or underappreciating to him.
They are optimistic and ready for change
It’s easy to guess that life is not particularly easy for African women. They have to face poverty, inequality, and sometimes even violence. However, those hardships make their spirit stronger and make them more motivated to make positive changes in their lives. An African mail order bride is someone who will constantly inspire you to achieve greater things and will cheer you up along the way.
What Are African Wives Like?
An African wife may be an unconventional choice since there are so many great women you can potentially marry in your own country. However, these women have enough unique traits to make you want to marry one of them as soon as possible. Here are the top 3 reasons to get an African wife.
Their family will always be their world
It’s wrong to imagine African women for marriage as close-minded people who only care about being married to someone. At the same time, marriage and family are definitely the most important things in the life of an African woman. She is ready to spend 100% of her time with her loved ones, surround them with care, and never make them feel like they don’t see her enough.
They cannot wait to become mothers
Once an African woman finds a man she loves and feels comfortable with, she will begin dreaming about starting a family with him. African wives see having kids as a product of love between them and their husbands, and that is reflected in their attitude to children. An African wife won’t fully lose herself in motherhood. Instead, she will incorporate her new role seamlessly into her family life.
They are talented when it comes to housework
African cuisine may be somewhat underrated around the world, but it’s amazing in its own right. African mail order brides are definitely talented in the cooking department and they are not afraid to show it. An African wife can whip up a delicious three-course meal with a bare minimum of ingredients. Moreover, African wives love cleaning, ironing, decorating, and using other practical ways to show their love for their family.
Why Are African Brides Looking For A Foreign Husband?
You don’t need to be an expert on geopolitics to realize why African mail order brides get the idea of marrying Western men. In many African countries, the economic and social situation is far from ideal, and young, unmarried women often have it particularly hard. To these brides, marrying a foreign guy is a way to improve their living conditions.
At the same time, it’s not the only reason why African women for marriage are excited by the prospect of moving abroad for marriage. Many of them are strongly attracted to Western guys and consider them to be perfect for a long-term relationship or marriage. Add that to the ambitious nature and respectful attitude of Western men, and you will see why African brides are inspired to search for foreign husbands.
The Guide On Marrying An African Woman
Tips on dating an African girl
Once you get to know African mail order brides better, you will realize that they are exceptionally easy to date. However, being worried about your upcoming relationship with an African bride is perfectly normal because of the differences in your cultures, and here are 5 ways to make your relationship thrive.
- Be completely upfront about your intentions. Ideally, you want a happy marriage and a family, and that’s what African brides want as well. So before your relationship gets too far, make sure to discuss the future of your romance.
- Don’t emphasize her exotic beauty. African brides are rather modest and feel uneasy when men compliment their beauty too much. One or two compliments will never hurt, but don’t make your bride’s exotic looks the only feature you notice about her.
- Mentioning other girls is out of the question. There are two reasons why you shouldn’t do it. First, African brides can be jealous and can make a scene when they see your interest in other women. Second, they will never be able to trust you the same way.
- Avoid making empty promises. An African mail order bride does not have any odd expectations from a relationship, but the one aspect where she draws the line is the man making a promise and then failing to deliver the results.
- Most of the initiative should come from you. There are many African women who like to take matters into their own hands, but most of them prefer seeing the man as the leading force in the relationship, and that includes all stages of the romance.
Meeting African bride parents: 3 tips
A meeting with your potential African in-laws will be one of the most crucial steps in your romance. The success of the first meeting will influence your relationship with an African bride a lot, and here is what you can do to make it successful.
- Gifts from your country are always a good idea. Most African people have never left their country and they don’t get a lot of popular brands people have in the West, so bringing something from your own country, such as food, wine, or souvenirs, will always work in your favor.
- Fully immerse yourself in local culture. The culture of any African country is incredibly complex and diverse and it can take you years to fully master it. However, if you have a chance to participate in a local festival or family celebration, you will get the hang of it much faster.
- Be the man they want to see their daughter with. It probably won’t surprise you that the parents of your bride have high standards when it comes to a potential husband for her. Talk about the things that make you good marriage material, such as your job, your home, and your caring nature.
African wedding customs and laws
Africa is a continent that consists of over 50 countries. Needless to say, each of those countries has a unique culture and traditions that its people observe diligently. Your African mail order bride will gladly introduce you to her country’s specific traditions, but here are the 5 wedding customs you will see at most African weddings.
- Permission to marry. African brides are very close with their parents and cherish their opinion. This is why you will need to ask for their permission to marry their daughter. The father will then ask the bride three times whether she wants to be engaged, and if she does, the preparations for the wedding will begin.
- The libation ceremony. A very touching part of the official wedding ceremony in many African countries is the libation ceremony. During this ceremony, the bride and the groom are reminded of their ancestors and are given a chance to connect spiritually with the family members that have already passed away.
- Tying the knot. In many cultures, “tying the knot” is nothing more than a metaphor, but this is not what African weddings are like. During this ceremony, the bride and the groom will have their hands tied by a range of materials, from authentic native fabric to beads, as a symbol of unity.
- Jumping over a broom. This is an African wedding tradition that stems from the days of slavery. To celebrate their transition into married life and to ward off the evil spirits, the bride and the groom will jump over a festively decorated broom.
- The money dance. At some point during the wedding reception, the bride will perform a dance for the guests. The guests, in turn, will spray her with money — preferably, crisp banknotes. The bridesmaids will then collect the money and later give them to the couple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which type of African brides is right for me?
With over 50 African nationalities to choose from, the process of picking your ideal African bride is rarely easy. Generally, if you prefer your women to have a lot of personality and a sassy nature, you should go for a Nigeria, Ghanaian, or Kenyan bride. A South African, Ethiopian, or Morrocan bride is perfect for men who want a wife with ambitions and a strong personality. An Egyptian, Ugandan, or Algerian wife will best suit men who like quiet and humble women.
How can I be sure of my African bride’s feelings?
The important thing to know about African mail order brides is that they find it completely impossible to fake their feelings. An African woman is quick to develop feelings for the right man and she is also quick to let him know about it. If an African bride stays with you for a long time and obviously cares about you, it means she has genuine feelings for you.
Do African mail order brides care about the man’s finances?
It’s safe to say that most African women for marriage don’t come from the most privileged background. However, instead of dreaming of a luxurious life, they simply want to be financially comfortable in their new family. This is why an African bride will definitely want to know if you are successful at your job and have a decent financial status, but she won’t want anything beyond that.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.