Why Are Lithuanian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
For a very small country, Lithuania has a surprising number of women who marry foreign men and move abroad. This surge in popularity of Lithuanian women for marriage would have never happened if it wasn’t for their many attractive qualities, and here are 3 best ones.
They are the embodiment of European beauty
You may not have seen any Lithuanian girls yet, but you probably have a pretty good idea about the typical European beauty features, including light skin, fair hair, and subtle facial features. All of those things can be found in fabulous Lithuanian brides, but their beauty is not limited by those traits. Lithuanian mail order brides can be very diverse, and while all of them are utterly feminine and gorgeous, you can easily find your desired features among Lithuanian brides.
They are exceptionally clever
Part of the USSR legacy in Lithuania is a strong education system. Nearly every girl in Lithuania graduates from high school and then goes on to get at least one tertiary degree. In addition to that, Lithuanian women are naturally curious and will use any source to get more knowledge. That is why any conversation you have with a Lithuanian girl is simply fascinating. She can maintain a discussion on any topic and her responses are so smart that you will even feel challenged.
They won’t make you question their loyalty
One of the signature features of Lithuanian women for marriage is their desire to build a completely monogamous, loyal relationship. While being together with you, a Lithuanian bride won’t even look in the direction of other men, let alone flirt with them. Needless to say, she expects the same fidelity from you, but as long as you don’t violate her trust, she will never give you any reasons to worry about her loyalty.
What Are Lithuanian Wives Like?
You can notice some of the best things about Lithuanian brides as soon as you meet them, but it will take you a happy marriage to a Lithuanian wife to experience them in full. Check out some of the most frequently named advantages of being married to a Lithuanian wife.
They will avoid any arguments
When you are married to a Lithuanian woman, you will never become a subject of an ugly argument like it sometimes happens with other women. A Lithuanian wife will always try to talk about anything calmly and have an honest discussion aimed at resolving the conflict instead of making it worse. Lithuanian wives don’t insult their husbands or threaten them. Instead, if things go awry, they will use their diplomatic skills to achieve peace as soon as possible.
They are happy with traditional gender roles
It won’t take you a lot of convincing to set the traditional distribution of chores in your family. Lithuanian girls are brought up in families where most of the chores are already done by women and they are in no rush to change it for their own marriage. Of course, a Lithuanian wife will be more than happy when you take over the cooking or cleaning duty once in a while, but she will happily do it most of the time without any resentment.
They are focused on the family
Don’t get us wrong — the life of a Lithuanian woman doesn’t just consist of her family. These women have work, hobbies, friends, and other interesting things they love in their life. However, a Lithuanian wife will never face a choice between her family and those things because she has the right priorities. Giving up something she likes for the sake of her loved ones is not an easy decision for a Lithuanian wife, but it’s something she won’t hesitate to do if her family needs it.
Why Are Lithuanian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
After breaking free from the USSR, Lithuania has come a long way and now has a standard of living close to its Western neighbors. Lithuanian women receive a good education, get impressive career opportunities, and are generally treated with respect by local men. However, many Lithuanian girls find it all to be not particularly exciting, which is why they decide to broaden their horizons through international marriage. They enjoy the most common traits of Western men and they can easily see themselves being married to one forever.
The Guide on Marrying a Lithuanian Woman
Tips on dating a Lithuanian girl
Even if you have lots of dating experience with local women, not all of it may be useful in a relationship with a Lithuanian bride. These women have their own views on dating and you need to respect them. These five tips might help.
- Your appearance matters. By appearance, we don’t mean your natural traits — it’s more about the amount of effort that went into your look. A neat hairstyle, appropriate and somewhat trendy clothing, and a splash of perfume will instantly make you more presentable.
- Don’t be patronizing. It’s not uncommon for Western men to be condescending towards European girls, thinking they are undereducated and don’t know enough English, but this is one of the most unforgivable mistakes you can make.
- Picking up the tab is preferred. Western women always insist on splitting the bill, while Eastern European women want the man to always cover the expenses. Lithuanian brides are somewhere in between, so unless she has some objections, paying on the dates is your prerogative.
- Deliver on your promises. There isn’t a bigger turn-off for Lithuanian girls than a man who promises a lot and does very little. If you aren’t sure you will be able to do what you promised, it’s best to avoid big promises at all and instead surprise your bride when it happens.
- Don’t expect any action too early. Lithuanian mail order brides are not some old-fashioned women who wait until marriage to explore the physical side of the relationship, but if they have serious intentions, they prefer to take things slower.
Meeting Lithuanian bride parents: 3 tips
Making a good first impression on the parents of your Lithuanian bride is crucial. Their opinion matters to her a lot and she will never seriously consider marrying a man against the advice of her parents. Here is what you can do to get them to instantly like you.
- Bring something to the table. The parents of your Lithuanian bride are not looking forward to any expensive material gifts, but they will be delighted to get something interesting they can immediately put on the table, like signature alcohol or sweets from your country.
- Don’t try to steer the conversation. You shouldn’t keep too quiet and reserved during your first meeting, but you need to remember that subordination is important to Lithuanians. Allow them to direct the discussion, at least on your first visit.
- Love is what matters to them. Trying to impress the parents of your Lithuanian mail order bride with the descriptions of your financial situation may actually backfire. Instead, you need to prove to them that you love their daughter and will do anything to make her happy.
Lithuanian wedding customs and laws
The wedding customs of Lithuania are very complex. Over time, the Western and Eastern European wedding traditions have influenced the nuptials in Lithuanian. Here are the most important wedding customs that are sacred to Lithuanians.
- Choice of a wedding venue. Lithuania is not a deeply religious country, but there are still plenty of Roman Catholic believers who prefer to have their ceremonies in church. However, there are also plenty of civil marriage venues to choose from.
- Love lock. After the official ceremony, the couple will visit the most famous bridge in their city, or 7 bridges, as the newlyweds in Vilnius do, and put a lock on the bridge railings that symbolizes their ever-lasting love.
- Bread and salt. Once the newlyweds get to the reception venue, they will be greeted by their parents. The parents will offer the couple some dark rye bread, salt, and a shot of vodka (or water if you don’t drink alcohol. You’ll have to dip the bread into salt, eat it, and wash it down with the liquid.
- Seimos zidinys. One of the most touching and significant parts of the wedding in Lithuania is the passing of the seimos zidinys, a small ceramic construction with a lit candle inside. It symbolizes the warm fire of love in the family and is given by the parents to the newlyweds.
- Negotiating with the imposters. When the bride and the groom first arrive at their seats at the wedding table, they may be greeted by impersonators, who are made to look like the newlyweds and jokingly occupy their seats. The job of the newlyweds is to negotiate with the imposters to get their seats back.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a lot in common between Russian and Lithuanian brides?
The two countries share a lot of their history and you don’t need to be an expert to see that Russian and Lithuanian women often look very similar. However, the two countries went their separate ways after the USSR was over, and now there aren’t any major similarities between Russian and Lithuanian brides except for their attitude to family and children.
What is the attitude of Lithuanian women towards money?
Lithuanian women are simply fantastic with money. Most of them grow in truly middle-class families, so while they don’t experience a lot of luxury, they also don’t live in poverty. They know exactly how much money it takes to live comfortably, but they don’t indulge in luxury shopping like many underprivileged women, who now have more money, do.
Will my Lithuanian wife return to work after having kids?
That really depends on the arrangement you have in your family. Lithuanian women are more career-oriented than their Eastern European counterparts, but they can easily sacrifice their career ambitions if the family demands it. In any case, you can openly talk to your Lithuanian wife about the situation and she will try to accommodate your needs.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.