Why Are Spanish Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Spanish women are so charming that you will hardly have the time to analyze their best qualities once you meet your perfect Spanish mail order bride. These are the three things that attract foreign guys to the lovely Spanish brides.
They captivate you with their looks
The beauty of Spanish women for marriage makes it impossible for you to take your eyes off them. Spanish brides have very strong and contrasting features with pale skin, black hair, dark eyes, and plump, bright lips. You will hardly ever meet a Spanish woman with unnatural hair colors and drag-queen makeup because Spanish girls are very happy with their natural beauty. They are also known for their flawless bodies with thin waists and subtle but lovely curves.
They make you feel valued
Even as a foreigner approaching a gorgeous Spanish bride, you will never feel unwelcome or like she doesn’t want to talk to you. You can always tell that a Spanish mail order bride is interested in you and she won’t make any efforts to hide it. Spanish girls are brought up with traditional values and they believe the man needs to be respected, constantly praised, and surrounded with love to remain happy.
They know how to love a man
No matter what your tastes are like, you will never find a more devoted, sensual, and affectionate lover than a Spanish bride. These women are very physical and will constantly want to hug you, kiss you, and hold your hand in public. With this kind of behavior in the street, you can only guess what will go on behind closed doors when you are together with your passionate and loving Spanish mail order bride.
What Are Spanish Wives Like?
A Spanish girl is not someone who you can date for a little while and then instantly forget. When you first experience the famous Spanish charm, you will want to see it day in and day out. Here are just some of the reasons to marry a Spanish mail order bride.
They will do anything for their loved ones
From the moment a Spanish woman finds a man she wants to marry, let alone has his children, her family becomes her top priority. Every day, a Spanish wife will wake up and go to sleep thinking about her loved ones and she will always make time for them despite even the busiest schedule. Whether your Spanish wife works full-time, volunteers at charities, has one or more time-consuming hobbies, or loves going out with friends, you can always expect to be on her mind.
Your relationship will only get better with time
Spanish wives are no strangers to the fact that a relationship can get stale with time, but instead of just waiting for it to happen, they take active steps to prevent it. Marriage to a Spanish wife will feel new and fresh even after you’ve been together for decades thanks to the fact that Spanish women have lots of tricks up their sleeves to keep you as interested and enamored with her as you were on the first day.
They express themselves in the kitchen
Spanish wives are certainly not the only women in the world known for their cooking skills, but their attitude to cooking is completely different from anything you’ve witnessed before. You will never see a Spanish wife with a cookbook, meticulously following the recipe word for word. While cooking, a Spanish woman uses her own instincts and knowledge of flavors to create something you’ve never tasted before but will want to taste again and again after the first bite.
Why Are Spanish Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
Spain is a European country where things go well for women. Spanish women can get education, work wherever they want, and choose their own path in life. That is why for Spanish mail order brides, marriage to a foreigner is not a matter of survival like it is for many other foreign women for marriage.
The truth is that many Spanish women are not completely satisfied with local men. They find them to be too emotional, too controlling, and too unhinged for a healthy, respectful, and peaceful relationship. At the same time, they find Western men more balanced and rightfully believe they can have a better future with them.
The Guide on Marrying a Spanish Woman
Tips on dating a Spanish girl
It doesn’t matter if you are going to be dating your Spanish mail order bride for a few months or a few years — the relationship will have a huge impact on your marriage prospects, so you need to make every day count. Here is how to win the heart of a Spanish girl.
- Don’t make a scene when she’s late. Spanish women have lots of advantages, but punctuality is not one of them. When your Spanish girl is late, she’s not doing it consciously — this is simply how people live their lives in Spain.
- Take her somewhere she’s never been before. A young, attractive woman in Spain has likely had her fair share of suitors before you, so she has probably already been on numerous classic dates. Offer her something new that she will remember for ages instead!
- Show your commitment from the first day. There is no need to have the marriage and children discussion early in your relationship, but your Spanish bride needs to know you are not dating or even talking to anyone else.
- Give her time to get used to the relationship. Spanish women value their freedom and may not want to make the relationship super serious early on. You shouldn’t doubt her loyalty, but you need to give her some personal space when you first get together.
- Volunteer to spend time with her friends. Friends are some of the most important people in the life of a Spanish bride, so if they like you, she will like you even more. Make sure to actively try to get into her social circle and make the best impression.
Meeting Spanish bride parents: 3 tips
When you are invited to your Spanish bride’s family home, consider it an honor, as not everyone gets the same invitation. You don’t need to try too hard to make them love you, but here is what you can do to impress them.
- Don’t feel awkward about your Spanish. Even if you only know one or two phrases in Spanish, don’t be afraid to use them. Your future Spanish in-laws will appreciate the gesture even if your Spanish isn’t flawless.
- Know how to take a joke. A sense of humor and friendliness of Spanish people is one of the signature qualities of the country, so you need to get ready to become the subject of many jokes. Luckily, those jokes are usually light-hearted, so you can get a good laugh with everyone else.
- Pay special respect to the elders. People in Spain value family ties and your Spanish bride likely loves her grandparents very deeply. Even if they are not present at your meeting, make a suggestion to visit them on another day with your bride.
Spanish wedding customs and laws
A wedding to your Spanish bride is the dream scenario for your relationship and something you should definitely look forward to. A Spanish wedding is a fascinating, energetic, and very memorable event, and here are its 5 essential traditions.
- Padrinos instead of a wedding party. In Spain, it is not customary to have bridesmaids and groomsmen. Instead, the bride and the groom have padrinos, who are usually the bride’s father and the groom’s mother. They help the couple throughout the day and prevent them from seeing each other too early.
- Black wedding dress. You are probably only used to seeing brides in white, so a Spanish wedding will look very refreshing. The brides there wear black silk dresses and it’s one of the unique things about a Spanish wedding.
- 13 gold coins. One of the most popular Catholic wedding traditions around the world that is also popular in Spain is the exchange of 13 gold coins. They come in an ornate box and are blessed by the priest to bring prosperity to the couple.
- A reception table for 6. The parents of the bride and the groom are some of the most important people at the event and even sit at the same table as the newlyweds during the wedding reception.
- Chopping up the groom’s tie. When the reception is nearing the end, the groom’s friends will take his tie, cut it into small pieces, and sell the pieces to the guests to raise funds for the couple’s married life.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the situation with English in Spain?
English does not have any official status in Spain, where everyone talks Spanish. However, as a European country with a good education system, Spain teaches children English from a young age and actively uses the language in various industries. So even though your Spanish bride’s English may not be perfect, it will be more than adequate for effective communication.
How can I be sure in my Spanish bride’s feelings?
Spanish brides are the type of women who cannot conceal or fake anything even if they try. It’s always easy to tell when a Spanish woman is truly in love even when she doesn’t say it. She will constantly try to be with you, touch you, laugh at your jokes, and take care of you every way she can.
Will I be the only provider in our family?
In most cases, you can expect your Spanish wife to work either part-time or full-time. Spanish women enjoy being able to make a contribution to the family budget and believe that when both spouses work, it creates a healthier dynamic in the family, making the husband value and respect his wife more.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.