For millions of fans of Latin American mail order brides, Colombian women need no introduction. They are typically the first women you think of when considering Latin mail order brides, and thousands of Western men happily married to Colombian wives will tell you they have chosen the best partner they ever could. Here is everything you need to know about the sexy Colombian women for marriage.
Why Are Colombian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Ever wondered what exactly makes the women of Colombia so attractive to guys? These three qualities make Westen men go head over heels for Colombian brides.
A typical Colombian mail order bride does not look too exotic, but she also looks more eye-catching than the women you see every day. Their sun-kissed skin and luscious hair create the perfect frame for their natural beauty. And don’t even get us started on the flawless bodies of Colombian girls, who achieve a perfect physique through their active lifestyle with lots of sports and dancing.
Colombian women are some of the most romantic female citizens of Latin America. From a young age, they imagine their ideal wedding and their happy married life with their soulmate. In a relationship with a Colombian lady, she will be the one responsible for the romantic side of the courtship, while you will simply need to appreciate her effort and reciprocate.
No matter how old or busy she is, a Colombian woman simply doesn’t know what it’s like to be bored. You can rest assured your evenings and weekends will always be filled with fun activities — most importantly, the massive dancing parties Colombia is famous for.
What Are Colombian Wives Like?
The one thing Western men who married Colombian ladies can agree upon is that the decision to find a Colombian wife was the best one they have ever taken. Here are the three reasons why a Colombian wife can make you the happiest man on earth.
A Colombian girl can love or hate doing house chores, but there is one aspect of housework that stands out for her. Cooking is nothing like a chore for a Colombian lady — it’s a way for her to express her love and care to you. Get ready for a constant journey through Colombian flavors and your favorite comfort dishes that she learns to make perfectly.
If you are ready to start a family right away, it won’t take you a lot of effort to convince your Colombian wife to become a mother. These women are born to become the most loving and caring mothers you have ever met. Colombian women for marriage instinctively find the right balance between nurturing and giving their children enough freedom to grow up into happy individuals.
The right priorities
Unlike Western women, a Colombian lady will never face the hard choice between an amazing career and family life. If her work life interferes with being a diligent wife and mother, she will never hesitate to make the right choice, so you should never fear your wife abandoning her family due to advancing her career.
Why Are Colombian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
The reasons why many young and beautiful Colombian girls consider marriage to a foreigner are not complicated. We all know that Colombia is not the most peaceful or prospering country in Latin America, and many Colombian mail order brides consider marriage abroad to be a way to escape the challenging life in Colombia.
However, an even bigger part of Colombian mail order brides simply finds Western men to be their ideal matches. They love the way men from Western countries look, dress, and act. Even though the man’s financial situation plays an important role in a Colombian bride’s decision to get married, she will still love you for who you are, not what you can give to her.
The Guide on Marrying a Colombian Woman
Tips on dating a Colombian girl
Most men choosing Colombian mail order brides as their life partners have no problem whatsoever with the relationship. However, if you don’t have a lot of romantic experience or simply want to make sure your relationship is as perfect as you imagine, here are some helpful tips on dating a Colombian woman:
- Don’t pretend to be someone you are not. Colombian girls are very observant and can always tell you are trying to fake some personality qualities or achievements. You don’t need to be perfect to charm a Colombian lady, but you need to be truthful and never conceal any major facts about yourself.
- Be respectful of her religious views. Most Colombian girls grow up in religious households and maintain their Roman Catholic upbringing in their adult life. Even if you are not a religious person at all or follow a different religion, you need to be respectful and not mock her spirituality needs.
- Dress appropriately. Whenever you go out with your hot Colombian girl, she will likely look absolutely flawless and she needs an equally good-looking man by her side. You don’t need to look like a male supermodel, but your clothes and hair matter a lot. They need to be neat, trendy, and suit your personality and age.
- Let her know you will support her. Many Colombian women overcome a lot of challenges in their life and they need to know their man will always have your back. Protection, support, and personal freedom are the three things a Colombian bride wants in a relationship.
- Know how to have fun. A relationship with a Colombian girl can be a lot of things, but it’s never boring. From dancing all night long to taking impromptu weekend vacations, your Colombian bride will always know how to add a spark to your romance. All you need to do is appreciate her fun nature and suggest your own ideas once in a while.
Meeting Colombian bride parents: 3 tips
No matter how old you are, meeting your bride’s parents can be a very stressful event. It is even more nerve-racking when the bride’s parents live in a different country and there is a language barrier. With these 3 tips, your first meeting with your Colombian bride’s parents will be 100% smooth:
- Use Spanish when talking to Colombian parents. Obviously, you may not know Spanish well enough to maintain a conversation with native speakers, but a couple of phrases in Spanish thrown into the conversation at the right moment can go a long way for making a good impression.
- Express interest in their culture and family. Typically, on a visit to Colombia, you will not just meet your bride’s parents, but also her extended family that includes grandparents, siblings, aunt and uncles, and even family friends. Your job is to be visibly interested in everything they have to say and ask questions to make it clear you want to know more.
- Open up as much as you can. Your Colombian bride’s parents will likely be the most energetic, cheerful, and welcoming people you have ever met, and even if you are naturally reserved and shy, you should try opening up more to them. They will likely hug and kiss you all the time and will want to get to know you as well as possible, so it’s best to let your guard down during your stay in Colombia.
Colombian wedding customs and laws
Colombian culture may be very different from what you are used to and many Western suitors experience a cultural shock when visiting their bride’s country for the first time, but one thing is clear: you have not experienced life to the fullest until you have been a part of a Colombian wedding. Here is what you need to get ready for when deciding to marry a Colombia bride:
- At a Colombian wedding, you will not find any bridesmaids and groomsmen. Instead, these roles in a traditional Colombian marriage ceremony are called the Godmother and Godfather. The bride and the groom usually choose their closest friends for these roles and they largely perform the same duties as best men and maids of honor at Western weddings.
- In addition to exchanging wedding rings, there is one more wedding custom in Colombia that includes metal objects. At one point of the ceremony, the priest will bless 12 coins, where each coin stands for Jesus and his 12 apostles, and these coins will then be presented by the groom to the bride as a symbol of his willingness to support the family.
- By now, you are probably familiar with the Western wedding traditions like bouquet toss or garter toss. In Colombia, there is one more fun wedding tradition to observe. During the reception, each male guest of the event will take off one shoe and hide it underneath the bride’s dress. The bride will then pick one shoe, and the owner of this shoe is the one believed to get married next.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my Colombian wife going to work?
The answer to this question depends on whether you alone can provide for the whole family and whether you want your wife to stay at home. Colombian women may not be as career-oriented as some other foreign brides, but they are completely fine with having to work, at least part-time, if the family needs extra money.
What qualities does a Colombian bride look for in a man?
After going through a lot during her childhood and adolescence years, a typical Colombia girl wants a man who can take good care of her. Colombian women are looking for strong and confident men who only say the things they really mean and can accept the responsibility for the whole family.
What about the age gap?
For many Western brides, the age gap is a dealbreaker and they will never get together with a man who is more than 10 years older than them. That is not a problem for Colombian brides, who would happily get married to a man who is even two or more decades older. The reason for that is a Colombian bride’s desire for care and protection that they believe they can only get from an older husband.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.