If you have ever considered marrying an Asian mail order bride or are simply a fan of delicate Asian beauty, then Vietnam needs no particular introduction. Vietnam is the birthplace of thousands of young and beautiful girls who don’t mind becoming wives to foreign bachelors. But do you really know what to expect from your Vietnamese bride? Here is the A to Z of Vietnamese women for marriage.
Why Are Vietnamese Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
After looking at the number of Vietnamese mail order brides who got married to foreign men in the past year, no one will argue with the fact that they are some of the most popular women the Asian continent has to offer. These are the qualities that attract foreign suitors to Vietnamese brides.
They are gorgeous
The first thing you cannot help but notice about a Vietnamese girl you meet online is how beautiful she is. The tender Asian features of their faces are framed flawlessly by their dark and long, shiny hair. Most Vietnamese ladies are petite, so you will feel even more manly when walking with your Vietnamese bride in the street. And they have a unique fashion sense that mixes current trends with traditional ways of dressing in Asia.
They focus on love
A typical Vietnamese girl has lots of interests and aspirations, but deep down in her heart, all she wants is to find love and get married to her ideal man. At the same time, Vietnamese women don’t have a lot of dating experience by the time they decide to get married, so you will likely become the first person to experience your Vietnamese bride’s loving and passionate nature.
They are great to be around
If you are shy around women and don’t feel particularly comfortable on a date, everything will change when you meet a Vietnamese lady. Even though they may often seem reserved and distant, they actually have warm hearts and want you to have the best time of your life, whether it’s your first date or you have been together for years.
What Are Vietnamese Wives Like?
The decision to marry a Vietnamese mail order bride may turn out to be the best one you have ever taken, and here is why.
Vietnamese wives happily accept the traditional family roles, where you can be the main provider while your wife supports you on every step of the way and helps you be a better version of yourself. Your Vietnamese woman will provide her unlimited support and a wise piece of advice whenever you need it.
Vietnamese women have numerous hobbies and are often successful employees, but what they really enjoy is working around the house. Through cleaning, decorating, and, most importantly, cooking, they express their love for their family and make you always want to return home no matter how much fun you may be having at a work function or meeting with friends.
Given how unconditionally loving and caring Vietnamese women for marriage are, you shouldn’t be surprised that they also make the most perfect mothers you have ever met. Not only do they have all the skills to raise healthy babies, but they also know how to make their children happy and successful in life.
Why Are Vietnamese Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
Vietnam is not Asia’s biggest or most populous country, but there are still plenty of men Vietnamese girls could marry. So why do so many of them choose to become mail order brides and seek foreign husbands? The most important reason is that they instinctively want to have and raise their children in a more stable environment, preferably overseas.
However, an equally important reason why Vietnamese brides want to marry foreign men is that they find them to be more attractive and better marriage material than local men. They love the appearance and character of Western men, but they also respect their ambitious outlook on life and that’s exactly the kind of man they want to see by their side.
The Guide on Marrying a Vietnamese Woman
Tips on dating a Vietnamese girl
We have no doubts you will enjoy your experience of dating a Vietnamese girl, but if you want it to end with a beautiful wedding and happy married life, here is how you can build a loving relationship with a Vietnamese woman:
- Show off your gentlemanly side. In a way, Vietnamese women are rather old-fashioned and they want to be swept off their feet. You will need to remember what it’s like to be a gentleman and make your woman feel like a fairytale princess.
- Talk about the future. A Vietnamese girl needs to know it’s not just a fling for you and you genuinely see a future with her. You can discuss your future wedding, the design of your family home, or the name of your children to help her be sure of your intentions.
- Give her time. A Vietnamese woman may want to marry you already on the first date, but she will never let you find out about it. She needs time to get used to the idea of being with you, and you need to respect her wishes and not pressure her into anything.
Meeting Vietnamese bride parents: 3 tips
Parents play an important role in the life of a Vietnamese girl and she will always arrange a meeting between you and her parents to get their blessing and general opinion about you. The good news is that Vietnamese parents are usually very warm and welcoming, but there are a few tips that will help you make an even better first impression on them:
- Be respectful. Vietnamese parents of your bride are not the laid-back parents you may have encountered in your home country. They want to be treated with respect, and that includes calling them by the names they use to introduce themselves, never talking over them, and politely answering their questions.
- Be serious. An occasional joke here and there will not hurt anyone, but you need to realize that giving out their daughter to get married to a foreigner is a difficult decision for the parents. They need to know you have pure intentions about their daughter and will take good care of you.
- Come to the first meeting with gifts. Even if there is any awkwardness during your first meeting with the bride’s Vietnamese parents, it can be easily relieved with a set of practical and thoughtful gifts for your future in-laws. Your girlfriend may help you with choosing the right presents.
Vietnam wedding customs and laws
A Vietnamese wedding is one of the most important events in the life of a Vietnamese girl, her groom, and their parents. Weddings in Vietnam have numerous century-old traditions that are heavily influenced by the country’s history and religious background. Here are the most important Vietnamese wedding customs you should know about.
- If you think you and your bride will choose the wedding date according to your plans and personal preferences, you are wrong. Once you decide to get married, you, the bride, and her parents will visit a fortune teller who will say the exact date and time you should be married based on his or her vision.
- There will be two instances where the groom and his family are expected to bring gifts to the bride’s family: once during the engagement, and once on the wedding day. The gifts include everything from wine and tea to nuts and cakes, and you need to be very careful in your choice of people who will bring the gifts.
- In most cases, there will be two wedding ceremonies. The first one is a traditional ceremony that will be held at the bride’s family home and will involve the most essential and historical wedding customs. The second ceremony is typically held at church and is much more similar to the Western wedding tradition, culminating in an exchange of vows and wedding rings.
- Every Vietnamese wedding ceremony is followed with a reception, where everyone eats, listens to music, mingles, dances, sings, and generally has fun and celebrates the newlyweds. At some point in the reception, the bride and the groom will visit every table, where they will get well-wishes and money as a wedding gift.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a language barrier?
Vietnamese is the official language spoken by every citizen of Vietnam, and although English does not have the official status, it is frequently used in business, education, and hospitality industry. If your Vietnamese bride uses English for work, then there should not be any problem at all. And even if she only knows a bit of English from her school years, she will be eager to learn it so that you can have meaningful conversations as easily as possible.
Is my Vietnamese bride going to continue working?
Most Vietnamese brides you meet online provide for themselves by working full time, but they are not as focused on building a time-consuming career as their Western counterparts. A Vietnamese bride may continue working part-time after marriage to support the family, but if the two of you decide you can be the sole provider for the household, your Vietnamese bride will happily become a stay-at-home wife.
Are Vietnamese mail order brides only interested in my money?
The stereotype about mail order brides only chasing foreign men for their money may be partially true, but it’s not something you should worry about if you choose a Vietnamese girl as your future wife. Your success is important to them, but it will never be a deciding factor in their decision to marry you. Vietnamese girls don’t care how rich you are as long as you can provide your family with everything they need.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.