Japan is one of the most famous countries in the world with a fascinating culture and lots of economic and technological wonders. However, Japan is also one of the least-discovered countries on the Asian continent. At the same time, there are plenty of wonderful things to know about Japan, and the gorgeous and charming Japanese brides are one of them. Here is your ultimate guide to meeting and marrying Japanese mail order brides.
Why Are Japanese Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
These days, you cannot visit an Asian mail order bride site and not see hundreds of young and sexy Japanese women who want to get married to a foreigner. There are many things that make Japanese mail order brides stand out, and here are the three most important ones.
They are beautiful
To any fan of delicate Asian beauty, a Japanese girl is an epitome of it. With long and silky black hair, striking facial features, slim bodies, tasteful use of makeup, and unique fashion sense, Japanese brides can captivate you from the first sight. And what’s even better is that the women of Japan are able to maintain their beautiful looks for decades.
They are smart
Even after just one minute of talking to a Japanese mail order bride, you will inevitably note how intelligent she is. Not only do Japanese girls receive an outstanding education from a very young age, but they are also taught by their parents to always strive for more. As a result, they never stop learning and will easily impress anyone with their smart outlook on life.
They are modest
The beautiful women of Japan may seem unapproachable at first, but this is only due to their natural modesty. These girls will never make the first move or even indicate their interest, which means you will need to put a lot of effort into charming a Japanese mail order bride. However, you will be rewarded with a lifetime spent with a woman who worships you and doesn’t even look at other men with a romantic interest in mind.
What Are Japanese Wives Like?
Your experience of dating a Japanese woman can turn out to be life-changing, so you can only imagine the life-changing effect of marriage to a Japanese bride. Here is what you can expect if you decide to marry a Japanese mail order bride.
A Japanese woman does not consider her family to be complete if she doesn’t have any children of her own. Japanese women typically don’t want a lot of children and settle on 1 or 2 kids. But they have enough love, warmth, and care for 10 little ones, and even your 1 or 2 kids will grow up to be the happiest children on the planet.
Japanese women don’t believe in the outdated tradition where men provide for the family and women do 100% of the housework. They will happily share their housekeeping duties with you. However, the one thing you need to know about Japanese mail order brides is that they don’t consider housework to be a chore and seem to effortlessly do everything it takes to keep your home clean, cosy, and filled with delicious flavors of freshly cooked meals.
Partners in life
When Japanese mail order brides are looking for a husband, they do not just look for a father to their future children or a financial provider. They are looking for a loyal partner who will support them no matter what happens. In return, they can offer their undying love and support at any stage of your life together.
Why Are Japanese Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
When looking at Japan’s economic situation, the amount of opportunities for women, and level of culture, you quickly realize that Japanese mail order brides are not looking for a foreign husband for financial reasons. So why exactly do so many hot Japanese women choose to become mail order brides?
For most Japanese brides, their decision to look for a foreign husband is the direct result of their interest in Western culture. They become so enamored with European-looking, independent, affectionate Western men that they can no longer see themselves with Japanese men, who are often only focused on work and don’t pay a lot of romantic attention to the women of Japan.
The Guide on Marrying a Japanese Woman
Tips on dating a Japanese girl
Any great marriage starts with a dating period, and no matter how short it may be, it can have a huge influence on the success of your marriage. Dating a Japanese girl is a very memorable time in any man’s life, and here are three tips for making it even better for you and your partner:
- Take it slow. Beautiful Japanese women may look irresistible and behave very sexy, but they actually prefer to take a new relationship at their own pace. They want to make sure they can fully trust the man before moving to the next steps, and you need to respect their wishes.
- Give her space. A Japanese girl is not someone who will happily spend 24 hours a day and 7 days a week with her new partner. While you are still getting to know each other, your pretty Japanese girl needs to also have some time to herself or to meet with friends and family members.
- Don’t patronize her. Japanese mail order brides are famously self-sufficient and you will soon find out they can do nearly everything on their own. They are very forgiving and patient, but the one thing they cannot stand is when you don’t give them enough credit and instead act condescending.
Meeting Japanese bride parents: 3 tips
In most cases, the parents of your Japanese mail order brides are modern and kind people who will be very interested to meet their daughter’s future husband. However, if you want the meeting to go over as smoothly as possible, here are 3 tips that will help you make the best impression:
- Make an effort to look presentable. The parents of a Japanese bride don’t judge a book by its cover, but they also don’t want to see a man in beach shorts and with tousled hair as their future son-in-law. You don’t need to invest in designer clothes, but looking neat and presentable is a must.
- Always be on time. To Japanese people, punctuality is one of the biggest virtues, which is why the worst thing you can do is be late for your meeting with your potential in-laws. If the meeting takes place in an unknown location, it’s best to depart as early as possible — being very early is much better than being even slightly late.
- Bring gifts. The parents of your Japanese mail order bride are not particularly materialistic, but they will definitely enjoy getting a gift when you are meeting them for the first time. It does not need to be expensive — a box of high-quality chocolates or a small gift from your own country will delight them as much as any luxury item.
Japanese wedding customs and laws
You would imagine Japan to be a very modern country with little to no wedding traditions, but Japan actually has plenty of intricate wedding customs. They are not followed by every single family in Japan, but if your Japanese mail order bride comes from a family that is big on traditions and customs, the following information may help you prepare:
- Before the marriage ceremony but after you have met the bride’s parents, you will need to arrange the meeting of her and your parents. The two sides of the future family will meet, discuss the details of the ceremony, and exchange symbolic gifts.
- In most cases, you and your Japanese bride will get married in kimonos: a monochrome black kimono for the groom and a colorful kimono for the bride. Depending on the scale of the ceremony, you and your bride will need to change your outfits a couple of times.
- The wedding ceremony itself will largely depend on whether the bride and her family are religious and which religion they follow. Non-religious and Christian brides often opt for a standard white wedding, while Buddhist and Shinto brides may want to have a more religion-inspired ceremony.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my Japanese bride relocate to my country?
Unlike many Asian countries, Japan is very well-off and Japanese mail order brides likely have a good career and financial situation at home. That is why it will probably take you a lot of convincing to finally persuade your Japanese bride to move to your country. On the other hand, you can always try and build a happy family life in Japan — this country has everything you may ever need!
Is my Japanese wife going to continue working?
In a nutshell, yes. One of the most important cultural peculiarities of Japan is that women there are considered completely equal to men in the workplace and most Japanese girls begin building their careers immediately after graduating. Even if you and your Japanese wife move out of Japan, she will likely want to continue working and achieving professional fulfilment.
Will there be any cultural differences?
Yes, lots of them! Even though we are used to thinking of Japan as one of the most developed and westernized Asian countries, its culture and beliefs are still widely different from anything you are used to. However, this shouldn’t be a bad thing — exploring those differences and finding common points is one of the best aspects of a relationship with a Japanese bride.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.