Peru is one of the most fascinating Latin American countries and visiting Peru can be one of the most thrilling experiences in your life. From the magnificent historical sites to the stunning nature — there are many things to love about Peru. The beautiful and lovable Peruvian brides are another amazing feature of Peru as a country, and here is everything you need to know about Peruvian women for marriage before you make the leap of faith.
Why Are Peruvian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
The population of Peru is not big, but every year, thousands of men begin their successful search for their ideal Peruvian mail order bride. These three qualities make them completely irresistible to men.
They are attractive
Obviously, a nice appearance of your potential Peruvian wife is not the main deciding factor, but it’s a good place to start. When you think of traditional Latin American beauty standards, you are probably imagining Peruvian girls. Their dark, wavy hair and sunkissed skin are their two signature features, as are their mesmerizing eyes and full lips. You wouldn’t call a typical Peruvian girl skinny, but you won’t complain after seeing her captivating curves in a short sundress or skinny jeans.
They respect the traditional family dynamic
Peruvian women are well aware of the shift in family views in the Western world, but they are in no rush to adopt the same views in Peru. The women of Peru find the traditional family model, where the man is the main provider and the woman offers her support at home, to be perfect. If you have dreamed about a family that is exactly like the one you had when growing up, then the slightly old-fashioned Peruvian mail order brides are your best choice.
They are optimistic
Life in Peru is far from ideal, and many Peruvian girls go through various hardships when growing up, from poverty to the lack of career opportunities for young women. However, they don’t allow those challenges to break them or ruin their cheerful spirit. A Peruvian lady always knows how to lift her own mood, but she is also aware of the effect of an optimistic outlook on a man. Peruvian women believe everything can be made better with a smile and a reassuring speech.
What Are Peruvian Wives Like?
You can find out quite a lot about Peruvian women while talking to them online or dating, but you can only get the full picture once you take a Peruvian bride as your lawful wife. Here is what you can expect your Peruvian wife to be like in marriage.
Peruvian wives can work or stay at home, be young or slightly older, have no children or several kids, but the one thing that unites them all is the genuine enjoyment from doing housework. Peruvian women always know what their family members need in order to feel comfortable in their own home. They are skilled in all kinds of housework, but their biggest talent is their proficiency in cooking. The mix of Peruvian and Western cuisine you will see on your dinner table every day is tasty, nutritious, and very appetizing.
Caring mothers and wives
After you experience the amount of love and care from your Peruvian wife, you will quickly realize that these women are born to have big and happy families. If you have always wanted to experience what it’s like to live with a wife who loves you unconditionally and cares about you at every step of the way, your dreams are bound to come true with a Peruvian wife.
The right priorities
We don’t want you to think that family is the only important aspect of the life of a typical Peruvian bride. She can have a brilliant career, a thriving social life, and several time-consuming hobbies she would never give up. However, she will never allow those things to interfere with her true calling, which is being a mother and wife. Whenever a Peruvian wife feels she is not paying enough attention to her family, she will always make the right choices.
Why Are Peruvian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
Even though the number of foreign mail order brides grows steadily, you are always curious: what exactly makes these young and beautiful women leave their home countries and move abroad for their new husbands? In the case with Peruvian mail order brides, there are two main reasons why they do it:
- The treatment of women in Peru is far from ideal. Many Peruvian men still believe a woman should only work around the house and raise the children. Unsurprisingly, Peruvian women are not happy with this state of things and try to change their future for the better by marrying a foreigner.
- Peruvian women are attracted to the appearances, ambitions, and values of Western men. They feel a connection with their qualities rather than the features of their local men. And since there are not too many eligible foreigners who come to live in Peru, Peruvian women prefer to become Peruvian mail order brides and move to their future husband’s location.
The Guide on Marrying a Peruvian Woman
Tips on dating a Peruvian girl
Your Peruvian girl will always give her all to make the relationship work, but it will also take some effort from you if you want the romance to culminate in a beautiful wedding. These are the 5 most important dating tips when you are in a relationship with a Peruvian woman.
- Always look your best. Peruvian girls invest a lot of time and effort into their look, and they expect you to pay at least some attention to your appearance. It includes a nice haircut, a clean shave or a neat beard, and presentable clothing.
- Ask a lot of questions. Peruvian women are outstanding listeners, but they can also be fascinating talkers. When you are having a conversation with a Peruvian girl, ask her questions to express your genuine interest.
- Impress her with experiences. Gifts are a great way to win the attention of a Peruvian girl, but you can achieve even more if you introduce her to new experiences instead of material things. This includes travel, new hobbies, fine dining, and even parties.
- Discuss your future together. Peruvian women are loyal and monogamous. When they enter a relationship with a man, they envision a happy married life in the future. Prove you want the same by discussing your future life together.
- Talk about your feelings. Peruvian brides are absolute extroverts who find it simply impossible to hide their feelings. To achieve harmony in your relationship, remember to openly talk about your feelings and emotions as well.
Meeting Peruvian bride parents: 3 tips
Meeting your future wife’s parents can be a nerve-wracking event whether you are 16, 36, or 56. Here is how to make sure your first meeting with your potential in-laws is a success.
- Show your knowledge of Peruvian culture. The culture of Peru is so rich and fascinating that Peruvian people are deservedly proud of it. Learn a few facts and mention them in the conversation to make a great first impression.
- Address them correctly and be polite. One of the worst mistakes you can make in Peru is addressing older people by their first names. Mr. and Mrs. plus last name is the best way to address the parents of your future Peruvian wife. Generally, be as polite and neutral as possible.
- Be enthusiastic about meeting the extended family. The family of a Peruvian girl never consists just of her mother and father. If you intend to spend some time in Peru, make sure to voice your intention to meet grandparents, siblings, and everyone your bride’s family considers to be close family members.
Peruvian wedding customs and laws
When you are getting closer to the wedding day, you don’t need to stress out about the details because your Peruvian bride will happily introduce you to local customs. But if you want to come to the wedding prepared, here are 5 most common Peruvian wedding traditions.
- Typical Catholic wedding. Most aspects of a traditional Peruvian wedding won’t seem too outlandish to you for one simple reason: a typical Peruvian wedding ceremony has all the main features of a classic Catholic wedding and takes place in a church.
- Tribute to Mother Earth. Sometime before the main wedding events, the bride and the groom, a priest, and a band of musicians will join forces to make a tribute to Pachamama, or Mother Earth. The tribute will involve mainly singing and dancing.
- Competition with gifts. At some point during the ceremony, the bride’s and the groom’s sides of the family will present the couple with gifts and turn it into a competition over whose number of gifts is the highest. Of course, this is all done in jest.
- Despacho. At most traditional Peruvian weddings, there is a special colorful piece of cloth called despacho. Throughout the wedding, the newlyweds and their guests will put different valuables and wishes to the happy couple in a despacho pile. Then the items will be burned or buried to bring the couple luck.
- La Hora Loca. This is a wedding tradition that is universal for most Latin countries, and it’s something that will certainly happen at a Peruvian wedding. Sometime around midnight, the music will change and so will the people’s attitude. This is the time to let go and start having even more fun than you did.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Peruvian women usually work after the wedding?
Peruvian girls have a lot of virtues, but career ambitions are not one of them. Peruvian women usually work when they live alone or with their parents, but after they get married, they believe it’s the man’s job to provide for the family. It’s just one of the aspects of their traditional views on life.
How well do they know English?
The two most commonly spoken languages in Peru are Spanish and Quechua, while only a small percentage of Peruvian people speak English. There might be a slight language barrier between you and your Peruvian bride, but when you spend more and more time communicating, your Peruvian lady will make an extra effort to master your native language.
Will my Peruvian bride care about me or my money?
Your premonitions about foreign mail order brides being hungry for money are somewhat justified, but that is not the case with Peruvian brides. The women in Peru want to improve their standard of living, but most of all, they want to love and be loved, so they will never get married just for the money.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.