Ireland is a country that seems familiar at first, but if you’ve never lived there or had a close relationship with someone of Irish descent, there is a lot you will need to learn about it. Ireland has many reasons to stand out, and one of the most remarkable things about this country is its amazing female population. Today we will tell you everything you need to know about Irish women for marriage.
Why Are Irish Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
For a relatively small country, Ireland has a surprisingly high number of mail order brides, and it’s not only due to the desire of Irish brides to meet foreigners and move abroad, but also because of the high demand for Irish mail order brides in Western countries. Here are just some of the things that make them so attractive to foreign men.
They have a lovely appearance
A popular stereotype about Ireland is that all women there are red-haired, green-eyed, and fair-skinned, but the truth is that the appearance of Irish brides is far more diverse than that. Most of them do have very light skin with rosy cheeks, but the hair colors and eye colors come in every variety imaginable. Irish mail order brides are also famed for their bodies: Irish women are usually tall and very fit thanks to their active lifestyle. Most Irish brides take excellent care of their appearance, but they strive to keep their looks natural, which is part of what makes them so appealing.
Their personalities are fascinating
You just need to spend a minute or two talking to an Irish bride to realize she’s one of the most interesting and alluring women you have ever met. An Irish woman is a unique combination of intelligence, sense of humor, and complete openness to strangers. You will want to talk to your Irish bride for hours and you won’t even notice the time goes by. Irish girls will make even the shyest man feel comfortable and will make you long for the next time you can see your Irish bride and talk to her.
They have a serious approach to relationships
Irish women never date men just for the sake of not being alone or getting some dating experience. They are very picky about their potential partners and need to be completely sure that they want to be together with a particular man. When an Irish bride expressed her interest in you, you should consider yourself to be very lucky, as many men would give anything just to be in your position. Most Irish women don’t have a lot of partners by the time they get married, and that only makes your relationship with your bride more special.
What Are Irish Wives Like?
There is a reason why foreign men want to not only date Irish women, but are also determined to make them their wives. Irish brides are great for a loving relationship, but they display even more of their amazing qualities in marriage. Here are just three most important ones of them.
They fully devote themselves to the family
A typical Irish wife has a lot of things on her to-do list, from work to meetings with friends, but none of those things will ever be as important to her as her own family. You and your future children will always be the most important people on her mind and she will always find the time for you. That is also why Irish women make not only great wives, but also fantastic mothers.
They work hard to maintain the attraction between you
Living together as a husband and wife for decades is bound to take a toll on a relationship, but that is not the case when you are married to an Irish woman. Irish women instinctively understand that any successful relationship is the result of joint efforts of the husband and the wife. Your Irish wife will do everything she can to make the love and passion between you as strong as it was in the beginning.
They will make you never want to eat takeout again
If you ask any Irish woman what her secret talent is, she will probably say that it’s cooking. Irish women should be very proud of their cooking skills and they are willing to show them off every day. Your Irish wife will be happy to take a break from cooking once in a while and let you make dinner or breakfast, but for every other meal, you can expect freshly made, delicious food your wife made for you with love.
Why Are Irish Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
If you compare Irish mail order brides to other foreign brides, you will see that they are generally in a much better position in their own country than many Asian and Latin American mail order brides. They have plenty of education and job opportunities, a good healthcare system, general respect towards women in the society, and numerous chances to practice their favorite hobbies.
It means that Irish girls don’t become mail order brides just to survive or achieve better life conditions. Irish mail order brides do it out of their love for foreign men and their desire to broaden their horizons. They are not afraid of challenges that moving abroad may bring and will do anything to stay by the man they love.
The Guide on Marrying an Irish Woman
Tips on dating an Irish girl
Before the Irish woman you meet becomes your one and only Irish bride, you will need to go through a dating period. Dating an Irish woman is an all-around pleasant experience, and this is what you can do to make it even better.
- Take your time. Most Irish women don’t mind a longer period of dating than many foreign brides prefer. An Irish bride believes that it’s best to fully get to know each other before the wedding, and that’s exactly what you should be doing.
- Let her suggest date ideas. If you are lucky enough to date an Irish girl, you can rest assured she has the best ideas to spend quality time together. So even though you will be the one deciding where to go and what to do most of the time, you should also listen to your girlfriend’s ideas.
- Learn to let go and have fun. Dating an Irish woman is so easy that you won’t need to maintain any facade or seem more serious than you really are. Embrace the fun outlook of your Irish bride and your relationship will blossom.
- Don’t make a scene if she’s late. Irish women are known for needing a lot of time to get prepared to go out, and when your Irish bride is getting ready for a date with you, she will require even more time. Don’t be upset if that makes her slightly late to your date!
- Never make fun of her culture. There are many things about Irish culture, language, and accent that can seem unusual or even funny to an outsider, but you need to treat them with maximum respect.
Meeting Irish bride parents: 3 tips
If things go well for you and your Irish girlfriend, the next step is meeting her parents. Remember that you have only one chance to make the first impression, and the parents of your Irish bride will definitely influence her opinion about you. Here is how to make that impression as positive as possible.
- Don’t act too formal. The Irish are cheerful, welcoming people and they will be thrilled to meet their future son-in-law, so you shouldn’t try too hard to seem better than you are. Just be yourself and prepare for a lot of laughs and warm discussions.
- Prove you’re a family man. There is nothing more important to the people in Ireland than family. You may have the most impressive career and success record, but if you don’t demonstrate your strong family values, the parents of your Irish bride may have a problem with it.
- Take part in their activities. Irish people don’t waste any opportunities to gather in a celebration or enjoy various activities with their extended family or friends. If you are invited to one of their gatherings, consider yourself lucky — there is no better way to immerse yourself in Irish culture.
Irish wedding customs and laws
Most of the wedding ceremonies in Ireland take place in a church, but some brides and grooms opt for a civil ceremony. Both types of ceremonies are probably similar to the weddings you have attended before, but here are the five Irish wedding traditions you should be prepared for.
- The groom rocks a kilt. Instead of a classic wedding tuxedo you’ve always imagined, you will need to wear a traditional Irish groom’s outfit complete with a kilt made from signature Irish tartan fabric.
- There are horseshoes and clovers everywhere. Wherever you look at an Irish wedding, whether it’s the venue decorations, the bridal bouquet, or even the napkins on your dinner table, you will always see those two symbols of fortune.
- Special wedding rings. While some Irish newlyweds opt for classic wedding bands, there is a special kind of Irish wedding ring you should consider — the Claddagh ring. This ring features two hands holding a heart and is very symbolic for Irish culture.
- Tying the knot. For Irish couples, “tying the knot” is not just a beautiful metaphor — it’s a tradition that has been alive for centuries. Instead of saying the wedding vows, the couple will have their hands tied together with a ribbon as a symbol of unity.
- Irish music and dancing. No Irish wedding will be complete without the charming sound of Irish pipes and the traditional Irish dancing, which can be performed by a professional dancing team or the wedding guests themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do Irish brides like to do in their spare time?
You will hardly ever meet an Irish bride who prefers to spend her spare time on the couch doing nothing. Most Irish girls have several hobbies and they always have something to do when they have a free minute or two. They know all the local hotspots such as bars and clubs, but they are also impartial to folk festivals, fairs and other slightly old-fashioned activities.
Do Irish women usually work after getting married?
There is no universal answer to this question because Irish women are very diverse and have vastly different attitudes to family and career. For most Irish brides, work is not a top priority and they will happily quit working completely if you can afford to support the whole family on your own. However, many Irish wives prefer working even after the wedding to make a contribution to the family budget.
Are Irish brides highly religious?
Religion does play an integral part in the life of a typical Irish woman, but she doesn’t allow it to interfere with other aspects of her living. For example, if you belong to a different religion or don’t consider yourself to be religious at all, an Irish bride will never pressure you into converting into Catholicism or sharing her beliefs.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.