Located on a small island territory in the Caribbean region, the Dominican Republic is a popular tourist destination that has lots of attractions both for newbie and seasoned travelers. But there is one more reason why the Dominican Republic is so popular among men all over the world, and it’s the gorgeous Dominican mail order brides. Here is everything you’ve ever wanted to know about them.
Why Are Dominican Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
The number of Western men marrying Dominican brides is surprisingly high considering the relatively small female population of the Dominican Republic so what are the top 3 qualities that attract guys to Dominican ladies?
Dominical women for marriage cannot be separated from their most attractive feature: their beautifully exotic appearance. The skin colour of Dominican girls is probably slightly darker than you expected, but these warm caramel tones make Dominican women even more beautiful. With dark or blonde curly hair, dark eyes, and strong facial features that don’t need any makeup to look striking, you will feel proud when taking your Dominican bride with you no matter where you’re going.
Even if you don’t have a lot of romantic experience, you shouldn’t worry one bit before meeting a Dominican woman of your dreams. These girls make it very easy to date them with their easy-going character, infectious sense of humor, and lots of kindness they can share with you. As soon as you talk to a Dominican bride, whether it happens online or in person, you will feel like you have known her for a long time.
If you ever witness a Dominican woman dance, you probably won’t be surprised to find out that the women of the Dominican Republic are some of the most passionate ladies on the planet. Love, romance, and passion are in their blood and they don’t make any efforts to hide it. This is an especially big advantage to your relationship if you are not a particularly passionate individual, as your Dominican bride will have enough fire for both of you.
What Are Dominican Wives Like?
You can have a lot of fun in a relationship with a Dominican lady, but these women save their best qualities for marriage. This is what you can expect from marriage to a Dominican bride.
Amazing mothers and wives
Dominican girls grow up in full, happy families with several siblings and they witness their mothers as the most caring and affectionate members of the family. When they have their own families, Dominican wives tend to follow into their mothers’ footsteps and become the most loving wives and mothers you could ever hope for, both for yourself and your future children. A Dominican wife is prepared to give her family everything they need, even if it means giving up her career.
Chores done with love
If you have grown tired with the changing attitude towards housework of Western women, you will find exactly what you are looking for in a Dominican wife. These women never think of cleaning, decorating, and cooking as a chore they hate to do. Instead, they do everything around the house with love and care for their family. And believe us, you have never experienced true hospitality until you have come home to a dinner table full of comforting dishes and desserts made by your lovely Dominican wife.
Keeping the spark alive
A Dominican lady can easily charm you when you first meet, start living together, and get married, but she also understands that relationships and marriage need constant work. Your Dominican wife is prepared to do everything it takes to keep the spark alive, from preparing you an impromptu candlelit dinner to asking her friend to babysit the kids for the weekend and taking you on an unexpected romantic getaway.
Why Are Dominican Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
There are thousands of women in the Dominican Republic who decide to become mail order brides and search for their future husbands online, but why exactly do they do it? There are three main reasons why Dominican women choose to become brides:
- There are simply not enough eligible men. While the ratio of men to women in the Dominican Republic is nearly equal, there are lots of men who don’t want to get married, don’t have stable jobs, or have problems with the law.
- Dominican women want to be treated better. A Dominican girl simply wants a loving and caring partner who will support her and her children. Unfortunately, many Dominican men display poor treatment of women and don’t want to assume any responsibility.
- They are looking for better opportunities. Although the Dominican Republic is not the most troubled Latin American country, it still is not the best place for women to build successful lives and have children. That is why many of them prefer to do it overseas.
The Guide on Marrying a Dominican Woman
Tips on dating a Dominican girl
Trust us when we say you don’t need any extra preparations to make your Dominican bride fall for you. However, these five tips will help you do it quicker and more effectively.
- Make an effort. It’s worth noting that typically, hot Dominican women have dozens of men competing for their attention. You need to make yourself stand out, and the best way to do it is with some grand gesture.
- Compliment her. Dominican brides are normally very confident, but a cute compliment never hurts. You shouldn’t make your compliment too informal: it should express your admiration without being explicit.
- Build a friendship. Romantic relationships are very exciting, but they often don’t last long. Friendship, on the other hand, can easily last forever. In order for your relationship to be strong and happy, first, you need to develop a friendship.
- Respect her beliefs and culture. A Dominican woman is nothing without her culture, religion, and personal beliefs. The worst thing you can do is act insensitively towards your Dominican bride’s views: your relationship may never recover from that.
- Don’t make empty promises. If there is one thing Dominican girls cannot stand is when men promise to do something and then don’t deliver. It’s fine to not be able to do something, but lying about it is unacceptable.
Meeting Dominican bride parents: 3 tips
When you have finally booked a ticket to meet the parents of your Dominican bride, these tips will help you make a better impression and have a better time in the Dominican Republic home of your girl.
- Act completely natural. The parents of your Dominican mail order bride are some of the most chill, kind-hearted, and sincere people on the planet. You don’t need to pretend to be someone you are not: they will accept you and your imperfections with great warmth and wisdom.
- Learn a few phrases in Spanish. You and your future in-laws will probably have to communicate through your Dominican bride, but a quick way to win the hearts of Dominican woman’s parents is to throw a couple of common Spanish phrases into your speech.
- Bring gifts for everyone. Your Dominican in-laws will give you a loud welcome even if you come empty-handed and will treat you to the best delicacies the land has to offer, but you also need to do your part and bring small but memorable gifts for every family member you plan to meet.
Dominican wedding customs and laws
Getting ready to marry the Dominican woman of your dreams? Here are the most significant Dominican wedding traditions to keep in mind.
- Important roles for the attendees. Besides the usual team of bridesmaids and groomsmen, a traditional Dominican wedding will have several other important roles: a small boy as a ring bearer, one or more flower girls, a bible carrier, and arras, or godparents, who are usually the bride’s father and the groom’s mother.
- Arras. One of the most unusual Dominican Catholic wedding customs is Arras. Arras is 13 golden coins placed on a tray. The tray is given by a child wedding guest to the priest, who blesses the coins and gives the tray to the groom, who, in turn, hands the tray to the bride to symbolize his willingness to provide for the family.
- Wedding dances. Even if you are not that big of a dancer, you will inevitably dance at your wedding a minimum of two dances. The first-ever dance of the evening will be a slow merengue shared by you and the bride, and the second one will be a fast merengue that will be started by the newlyweds but then other guests will join in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a language barrier?
The most widely spoken language in the Dominican Republic is Spanish, but the good news is that it won’t make your relationship more difficult. There is a huge possibility that you already know a bit of Spanish from school and your Dominican bride knows a fair share of English because of her education and work. Later, you will be able to learn each other’s languages better and build an even more efficient communication.
Will I be the sole provider for the family?
Dominican mail order brides are not your average Western women who are mostly concerned with their careers and personal growth. A Dominican woman will happily become a stay-at-home mother and wife if you can provide for the whole family, but she also will not hesitate to work at least part-time if you ask her to contribute to the family budget.
Are Dominican women loyal?
There is a popular misconception about Latin brides in general and Dominican ladies specifically regarding their flirty behavior and the subsequent lack of loyalty. However, the truth is that you can hardly find a more faithful bride than a Dominican woman, who dreams of finding a single partner for life and being 100% loyal to him.
Kris Gimbel is a certified psychologist and expert in relationships. He advises top international marriage agencies and helps them develop more advanced interaction strategies between men and women who are interested in meeting and relationships.